cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I may have created a new account with my Dropbox email address - how can I recover my files?

I may have created a new account with my Dropbox email address - how can I recover my files?

krazycarlos
New member | Level 2

Instead of logging in i think i put sign up which i put my email and said this email is already been used so somehow it took me to my account, but everything was deleted.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@krazycarlos wrote:
Instead of logging in i think i put sign up which i put my email and said this email is allready been used so somehow it took me to my account, but everything was deleted.

When did you last access the account? If the account has been idle for a year it would have been deleted due to inactivity, and you would now be signed into a new, empty account.

Unfortunately, once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files it contained can be recovered.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?