cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PLYR not finding public read only dropbox links

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

Nata123456789
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All audio downloaded from Dropbox cannot be played, although everything was working yesterday. Audios are uploaded to different accounts (with a paid plan). All links are added to the page in webflow in this format:
[removed per Community Guidelines]

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@phantompower wrote:

Is there an option to generate a dropbox link without the rlkey ...

Hi @phantompower,

No, all new links follow that scheme already and no way back. It's not your issue actually. Something else changed recently. Let's hope it's not something intentional and will be fixed. We'll see...

@phantompower wrote:

...or another work around anyone can think of? ...

The only thing I can think of is to put somewhere in your code a statement like:

l = /^https:\/\/www.dropbox.com/.test(l) ? l.replace('www.dropbox.com','dl.dropboxusercontent.com') : l 

Here 'l' is a variable carrying the link. 😉

Hope this helps (to some extent at least).

phantompower
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks - there seems to be a general consensus on other threads that this is an intentional move to restrict people using it as a streaming host. They may even monetise that facility down the line. Who knows. I've found another host removed that works really well for this purpose. It means completely rebuilding the MP3 library I've spent years creating but I can do that over time as and when I need the songs to be visible. (we only show around 40 MP3s at one time for a 3 month period and then we switch to new songs - they are learning resources for a choir)  

iggy097
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I think this is a pretty poor business move on Dropbox's part by not even acknowledging what is going on. They obviously are aware of the issue, but can't be bothered to address their customer base?

GeorgeNotaTechExpert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 12.11.25.png

This has sorted the problem for me.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@iggy097 wrote:

... They obviously are aware of the issue, but can't be bothered to address their customer base?

Hm...🤔 Really?

@iggy097, If so, that would be rather exception. 😁 This is NOT the first case when Dropbox staff learn from posts here in the forum that something changes. I think it's the same again. 🙂 It's something normal for Dropbox. 🤷

PS: Probably Dropbox management keeps regular support staff "on dark" so not slip some upcoming drawback movement out by mistake.

Photo O.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

That means ALL of my previous hyperlinks everywhere on the web, on posts that are not longer editable, are dead and can never be repaired. If this is really the case, then dam you Dropbox!! This is the second time some stupid and unnecessary change made by you code monkeys who just cannot resist tinkering with things that work perfectly well, have borked all my hyperlinks.

You have one very, very angry customer here!!

bcor-electric99
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I currently have image files running and being shared [to anyone with the link] from Dropbox to be used on our company's emails. They are shared via links with the customization of adding "raw=1" at the end of the links so they can work [as I found online that is your way around using them for multi-link access purposes].

Currently we aren't receiving access to those images no longer but instead of the default image logo. Something stopped working. Was it the permissions? Did I go over the bandwidth of how many times those links in our email signatures could be shared?

Looking for help and a resolution to replace or fix.

KAB22721
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All product images on my website have been uploaded using the links and changing them from "dl=0" to "raw=1". All products were displayed correctly up until Friday afternoon. Now all I see are broken image icons on all product photos. For reference, I have well over 200 images that are now no longer working. I've tried viewing the site from Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and also tried incognito mode as well and it still shows broken image icons. Tried to sync all photos again with no luck. Below is a screenshot from this weekend.

Any suggestions?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Здравко wrote:

@iggy097 wrote:

... They obviously are aware of the issue, but can't be bothered to address their customer base?

Hm...🤔 Really?

@iggy097, If so, that would be rather exception. 😁 This is NOT the first case when Dropbox staff learn from posts here in the forum that something changes. I think it's the same again. 🙂 It's something normal for Dropbox. 🤷

PS: Probably Dropbox management keeps regular support staff "on dark" so not slip some upcoming drawback movement out by mistake.

To add to this a lot of the staff team are currently on holiday as its a public holiday over here where they are based. Plus given they dont work over weekends doesnt help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?