cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync files from multiple internal hard drives

Sync files from multiple internal hard drives

Shireshead
New member | Level 2

Hello All,

I've been using Dropbox for some time but my knowledge of the app is very basic.

Up to now I have been putting folders/files I want to sync into the "Dropbox" folder on my laptop. This hard drive is now at it's capacity (2TB) and I would like to start syncing folders from my other internal hard drive. Is there an option for this?

Many thanks, Stuart

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Unfortunately not - Dropbox simply doesnt work like this. All files for Dropbox only sync if they are inside of the 'Dropbox' directory

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Shireshead
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the reply Mark!

Given there are higher storage limits available on DropBox than laptop hard drives, is there any way to link other folders into the DropBox folder to they are also synced? Just hoping there is a workaround as I really like the DropBox functionality and I've got used to sending links to clients etc.

Thanks again, Stuart

Shireshead
New member | Level 2

That's a shame. Looks like I will need to investigate an alternative cloud storage option.

Many thanks! Stuart

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Shireshead New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?